Monday, October 30, 2006

DAVID B. in action

October, 1986--so there I go, cleaning up around the place, and look what I find?????

Yes, 20 years ago!!!!!!!!! Here's our man David, busily helping me trash Denis's room. We got in somehow and filled it with newspaper then dissappeared. Man, I was a terrible person. Anyway, as I said, David, Denis and I along with a few certifiable lunatics (we were the NORMAL ones) lived our freshman year in a suite in Leigh House of Bennington College, and four years later, Denis and I found ourselves in the senior suite of Franklin House, but David had a cool bachelor pad off campus. David is actually a very nice person, although you would never guess it from this picture. Don't worry, David, not that many people read this blog. Just in the dozens, or hundreds each day.

7 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

Those glasses are SO 1986. Love 'em.

Anonymous said...

i had never seen this photo! truly priceless! i love it but i'm afraid what else you'll pull from the past and post on your blog.

p.s. if a picture of me of 20+ years ago suddenly appears on your blog, i might just have to kill you.

gary rith said...

Well, I do have a picture of you Denis, and you look good, although very serious. The truly SCARY pictures are the photos of ME, which I think will make a good series of pics. Funny how when you move you can't find a darned thing, but the photo album from college is RIGHT ON TOP.
It occurred to me that our good friend DB may prefer that his name go unpublished. I have gone through and changed all references to his last name to "Bilgewater".
Anyway, what a handsome devil he is here. David was not only a handsome dude, possessed excellent manners and graces (mostly) and most importantly, he had that ACCENT. Chicks DIG AN ENGLISH ACCENT, and how could nerds like Denis or me ever compete with that whole package? Actually, everybody loved David, even my wacko room mate Scott.

Anonymous said...

and one can't forget his terrific sense of humor. it's a classic!

gary rith said...

OK, the whitewashing goes on: sure, David Bilgewater is the best, most wholesome dude on earth, and he even takes care of little puppies and orphans in his spare time, when he isn't feeding the homeless and spreading world peace.

Anonymous said...

The guy spreads whirled peas? Ugh ...

gary rith said...

Oh yeah, 'coom bay yah my Lord, coom bay yah....' ALL TOGETHER NOW....