Thursday, October 19, 2006

Irish coffee, the saga continues

OK, you people tune in to see pots and think about pots, let's talk pots. A variety of Irish coffee cups here, made by your host over the past 8 years.
1 and 2 were early attempts at cups on a pedestal, circa 1998, and look darn good, esp. 1. That cup is actually the first I ever made with a pig lounging on the handle. 2 is a little fatter and less flared. 1 has a nice swirly line, good flared shape, nice color contrast green with pink pig.
3 I made last year, in turtle celadon. I love rumbly ridgey pots, especially bowls. I don't think this is the best Irish coffee cup shape, better for a simple goblet.
4 was made shortly after 1, and is a little espresso cup.
5 was made last month, and consists of a bunch of weird experiements, and is somehow too big.
6 is a perfect little cup, happy pig on the bottom, nice swirly yellow color, 7 is the same, just a nice celadon glaze with swirly other colors and a little dog on the handle.

The point here is that I keep coming back to certain ideas, and exploring them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very nice variety. i prefer the shape of #1 and the glaze of #3.

Susan as Herself said...

I like #5--- I don't think it's too big at all...good for wrapping your hands around! But I also like #1---cool shape... And, AW HELL, I like them all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stop by someday and it can be yours. We can even fill it.