Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Radiohead, day 2, 'Optimistic'

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtacJD3GmU

OK, tunes o’ the day and WEEK: Radiohead, ‘Optimistic’ here. This is my favorite Radiohead tune, but there are so many good tunes from them. This one came from the Kid A album, which seemed to come and go pretty fast around 99 or 2000. It took me almost forever to find this video clip, so I guess I am the only who likes this tune. Anyway, you listen to Radiohead, and you don’t feel like ‘hey, I am listening to heavy metal, imagine that!’ or ‘my friends will have no respect for me because I played Rush on the blog’ (at least it wasn’t Steely Dan! yuck). With Radiohead you feel hip. Cool. In the know. Not easy for a 40 year old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sort of friends do you have that they don't respect Rush?

Anonymous said...

Well, I hadn't listened to them in 20 odd years, and found myself strangely nostalgic. They were a big deal when I was in 10th grade. A feeling of guilty pleasure?