Friday, August 01, 2008

YEAR TWO and beyond

Pottersblog was begun around August 1 on myspace two years ago. Later that month it moved to blooger.
I am not in the mood to look back at the old posts and files, but here is some rough info and reflections, according to my poor memory. In two years:

-the blog has been responsible for selling over 600 items-over 300 in calendar year 2008 alone--this is how I earn my living, so THANKS ALL!
-Sammy, my 16 year old cat passed away, but we added Spike cat and Penny beagle
-there have been over 3000 posts in two years
-I have met face-to-face almost 1-2 dozen strangers thanks to the blog, David, Tracey, Alan, CM, Celeste, Gord, Greg, Suzette, Ben, Internationalist, Kate and Jim and the list goes on...
-I have a huge list of blogs in my favorites and I try to visit them everyday or at least every week, and I should update the links list on the blog itself
-YES, 25-33% of the posts are Beastie Boys and other such music videos
-NO, I make no apologies for the occaisional unicorn, as JK Rowling says
"You know, the unicorns were in there...... "

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Maurice!

Hilary said...

Happy two years of blogging! Congrats. :)

gary rith said...

Thanks H, and I know, Maurice is unforgettable....

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Hey Gary, you are a blog inspiration! Although I think you are going for an "R" rating with nudie on a unicorn!
-Nance

Lynda said...

Congrats on such a distinguished blogging career. My favorite thing is how you change the description under, "Potters Blog" on a regular basis - I find that very amusing. I'm waiting for my little birdy mugs and then I'm buying!

Fortune Cookies said...

Happy 2 years! Did you start your blog as a b-day present for me, a day early??!! How sweet of you!! I love your blog, it's so entertaining and fashionable, and crafty. Of course it is, it's a Leo! ;) I would have thought you'd been at it for much longer than two years by the looks of things over here. Very impressive for a 2 year old budding bloggie! KUDOS, my blog-friend!

gary rith said...

I think that Miss Unicorn is wearing a bikini, but I am not wearing my reading glasses....thanks all!

Reb said...

Congrats on two years Gary. You do wonderful work.

P.S. that unicorn has wings - some people call it a uni-peg. Of course, I know that there is no such thing. Unicorns and Pegasus's would never cross breed. ;)

gary rith said...

the only thing better than unicorns are flying unicorns!!!

Reb said...

Well, if you insist - I still say there is no such thing ;)

Tricia said...

Fabulous pottery AND 3,000 posts...do you sleep?

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd met Greg and Gord before blogs...

Happy 3,000. Glad to have been strangers that turned into friends. :)