Wednesday, August 20, 2008

GOING TO HELL ALL THE WAY: muffin challenge, part 3



(spectacular peanut butter and jam muffins by Gary Rith)
I just ate 3 bean burritos and a peanut butter and jam muffin for dinner. With
B!tch red wine. And you should see the monster platter of food I had for lunch at the BBQ biker bar. What-a-day.
OK, the muffins? Exactly what I hoped for. I filled the tins, as you see, with some batter, then scooped in a spoonful of peanut then a spoonful of jam in each one. The recipe below says 1/3 cup batter first, but I probably put in too much in each, but it did not matter. I also didn't measure the pb or j, just spooned it into each muffin.
The end result is wicked tasty: whole wheat muffins have a solid body, and here in the middle? Perfectly intact scoops of pb and j.
We have a winner. Thanks Lynda for the suggestion!

9 comments:

fiwa said...

Look at the size of those glasses of wine! A man after my own heart.

Holy cow, I knew I shouldn't come back here and look before dinner. YUM. Oooh, and I just remembered, I am on my own for dinner tonight, those may BE my dinner!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Yeah, I never measure exact either on that kind of stuff; and, I like my muffins to "pop" over the top so I always fill a little extra.

At first I saw the red wine with the muffins and thought, "Gee Gary! Havin' a little Par-TAY" LOL!

FYI, I often use a high ball glass for my wine. Kids tend to tip and break my good wine glasses [they aren't big enough anyhow ;-D]

I do have to add that bean burritos, whole wheat muffins and peanut butter? That might hit someplace hard tomorrow ;-)

[I'm cooking ground beef and commenting at the same time! squeeeeeeeee!!!! All is well in my world!]

Anonymous said...

TUMS. 6 of them.
Worth it!

Gordo said...

Muffins and whine are the epitome of haute cuisine. My hat's off to you, Potter-man!

Anonymous said...

THREE bean burritoes?

gary rith said...

3 plus muffin and wine, BURP!

Lynda said...

Wow - they look great! I might have to try those - lol

Mona Buonanotte said...

Oh great...now I'm drooling...Girlchild and I eat peanut butter with large spoons, straight from the jar...she'll LUV these muffins!

tt said...

I always wondered what would happen if I drooled on my keyboard...lol..
Lawdie that looks good!!!!!!!!!!