Wednesday, August 20, 2008

GARY'S GREAT MUFFIN CHALLENGE


(Gary's maple syrup oat muffins with a ton of blueberries.)
OK, there has been talk here of late about muffins, and peanut butter. It is possible that I live on peanut butter and jam sandwiches, and muffins. The question is, as a person who loves muffins, is there a recipe for a muffin with a scoop of peanut butter and jam in the middle??????
You ask around and look around and find that there are plenty of recipes with a scoop of jam inside, and some that also mix peanut butter into the batter. I want them together in the middle of a muffin, not mixed into the batter at all.
This recipe link, number 4 is most helpful.
It tells us basically take any muffin recipe, dump in the scoops of jam and peanut, bake an extra few minutes.
I am on my way this morning with Susan and Ellen, two of my Cornell pottery students, to an art museum, clay supplier and biker BBQ bar for lunch, and will make these muffins later today. I am looking for advice. Anybody tried anything like this before????
(YES, I said BBQ biker joint for lunch, I really did, and plan to take PICTURES too)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for those biker BBQ pics. Yes, I took a double-take on that.
But mostly, I want those muffins to magically appear on a plate next to my coffee. I have the coffee sitting here already.
Suddenly, I am very hungry!

Anonymous said...

yes, a BBQ biker bar and I am a vegan----I plan to ask for the peanut butter sandwich and some apple sauce
(HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!)

cm said...

I'm a horrible friend. I saw 'bbq biker bar' and thought "Mmmmmm...ribs" rather than "Oh dear, he's a vegetarian."

Anonymous said...

Gary, about the muffins- I would mix the peanut butter together with the jam. Fill muffin tin half way, and dollop with about a teaspoon of PBJ, then fill muffin tin the rest of the way. Dont put in too much PBJ or the muffins will separate when you take them out of the tin.
Give it a shot...
Have a good day,
Nance

Lynda said...

Here you go:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1823,152176-224205,00.html

Or go to cooks.com and type in Andrew's Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

Knight said...

I am so jealous. I want to go to a BBQ Biker joint for lunch! I'm not sure I would eat anything but it HAS to be entertaining!

Gordo said...

Bikers are a lot of fun to hang out with. Once you get over being nervous. :-)

Anonymous said...

anything you want to know about biker BBQ bars just ask celeste.

hey, potterman, i would be most grateful if you fed ex a dozen or so muffins to me :)

fiwa said...

I'm with Knight - I wanna go to lunch too!

I am salivating over that muffin picture. I mean, I can hardly make myself think of anything else now.

I have never tried peanut butter in the middle of something. It would seem like the peanut butter would melt into the batter? Let us know how it turns out.

Love your new header and the quote.

Anonymous said...

Knight--there is a Dinosaur BBQ in New York City now too! And CM, they are very nice to vegetarians and vegans, but YES, a rib lover like would be in heaven.
OK, a lot of muffin advice to consider....

Knight said...

Oh yeah, I know Dinosaur BBQ. It's a popular place and in an obscure part of town. I really like it there.

Anonymous said...

All I know about biker BBQ bars, I learned from Denis.

Jessica said...

Those look awesome! :)