Sunday, August 31, 2008

many pots, including one for ME!





(pots by Gary Rith)
As Christmas approaches (HAHAHAHA! But you are always looking ahead in retail) the potter makes a ton of pots, so hopefully he can pay the property tax bill that just landed on his desk, plus the next stinking property tax bills, due in December. And maybe groceries and cat food too. So YES, I am quite busy.
The top mug is some experiments for me. I am trying to make handles pulled off the the mug, whereas usually I make a handle then add it. I'll get pics of the difference sometime soon. PLUS, of course, all that squiggle glaze action! That's a sweet and will little mug, and I AM SLURPING MY COFFEE OUT OF IT NOW. That thing is MINE.

8 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Is there any way you can make a hot pink glaze???

See, I won this little drawing over at root&sprout.com -- and if I don't win what's in the bag? Then, I'm thinkin' I need to get me a cow & moon mug.

But, I like hot pink! And, Lime! [MMMM, pink lemonade -- sorry, my mind wandered].

Anyhooo -- just asking.

[What's in the bag?]

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Can you tell me "what color" the item is in the bag?

Anonymous said...

I am reminded of that Steve Miller tune:
"time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future...."

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Is that slippin? Or is that a hint that it's used for "sippin?

Ellen said...

Gary! Good for you learning to pull off the pot. I have never done it any other way. I can never get it to look 'right' if I pull it and add it when leather hard. Once you get the hang of it, you will never go back to the other way. MUCH easier, not to mention faster, and simpler. Thanks for the reminder that Christmas is coming. I need all the incentives to get to work I can find. Tried yesterday...what a disaster.

Reb said...

Love your new mug Gary!

Anonymous said...

Great mug! It looks like it has some great textures for gripping hands, too. I love textures, esp. in coffee cups.

Zero Home Energy said...

Helllo nice blog