Sunday, August 17, 2008

T@B: I'm in love!



Can you fall in love with a camper???? I have always thought tiny little airstream campers are cute (lower pic) and then I was reading in the paper on Friday about tiny little campers. There was a picture of the T@B trailer (upper pic), and I fell in love. I have nowhere I want to go, I don't like camping, I like to be clean and dry, I don't like driving and I don't go anywhere or have anywhere I want to go. Nowhere. Well, I could always drive this cute little thing over to my parents farm and park it by the river, that would be sweet. I wouldn't even have to see them. Except maybe if my mom was baking.
If it was parked in our side yard, we could have lunch out there. We could read. We could, you know...
Check out this fantastic little video, as the cute couple Dorthea and Max and their cute little T@B go camping with their Volkswagon, and entertain up to EIGHT people in there with cold beers from their little fridge! I think this is German or somesuch European language...
(update: I figured they would be maybe 3-5 thousand bucks, but they are a WHOLE MORE than that!)

13 comments:

Karen said...

Holy canoli, I didn't know they cost that much!
We saw one on the road earlier this year and I too fell in love. I also don't enjoy camping at all. That cute little shape sure is entrancing, ain't it?

Anonymous said...

Cute - but I would need a bathroom - not a little porta potty in a box! ha!

Reb said...

I love camping and yes, that is a cute trailer, but I like to be able to stand up straight.

Anonymous said...

Well, it says it is up tp 5'9" inside, and I am 5'8"....but anyway, the little porta potty is pretty darn small for a 18-22 thousand dollar trailer! For that money I want a complete bathroom and jacuzzi!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheri is also right: think of ALL THE MANY NIGHTS you could spend in hotels for 18-22 thousand dollars??????????

The Internationalist said...

Small is expensive. Just think of the Smart Car.

The Internationalist said...

Also, it's made by Germans, so that also says expensive.

Barbara Martin said...

It may be expensive, but you have superior German engineering. Notice what was pulling it. Though once they start selling the price will go down.

As for camping, I like to do that, and this is better than a tent. Except I'm 5'11" and would have to stoop a little.

The Internationalist said...

Ooops, I'm wrong it may not be made by Germans. I was led astray by the German on the video. It's hard to tell where it's made with these merged companies, but it might be Canadian. It's called a Dutchman (?) but it's owned by a company called Thor?

gary rith said...

Is Hilton actually owned by Paris Hilton?
Barbara, I am a short little shrimp compared to you!
If I bought this thing (HAHAHAHA!) I would want a pop out screened in area.

Anonymous said...

Yes, "those Hiltons" own the Hilton family of Hotels. (There are 9, including Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn.)

The trailers are darned cute, but 2/3 of my family can't stand up in them...nor do we fit! We haven't camped in nearly 2 years (long, sad story) but when we do go camping, it's all about the tents. Yes, that is plural. You think I want to sleep in the same tent as my teenaged boys?

Anonymous said...

PS: It was fun to watch that German video. I might have to send it to MM, so he can practice his German.

Tricia said...

I vote for turning it into a love shack by the river.

gary rith said...

That's what I say. I would imagine me, the missus, the 2 dogs and 2 cats would be quite comfy in there.
The love shack!