Friday, August 15, 2008

don't mess with Texas


Dreamt last night that me and the missus went to visit Farmer's Wife in Texas. We were invited to her son's birthday party (she has a beautiful house, btw, according to my dream) and it is a hot and dry and mountainous place--although she lives in a flat part of Texas (they're farmers, right?).
WELL, that was the fun part of the dream. An 18 wheeler pulled up and the trucker dumped a huge box on the ground, which was for me. It split open and was a mess (never did find out what was in there for me) and I started chasing him as he drove away but I took an unfamiliar turn out of the driveway and I was alone running up the mountain roadway and came to a river and the truck crashed through the bridge onto the ice covered river, taking another car with it, and I could see that somebody had rigged the bridge to fall but I was the lone witness to a crime, and I scrambled up the other side and came across a school that turned out to be full of voodoo stuff, like dead alligators and skulls and shrunken heads.....
Well, anyway. I am not blaming my host here, but the whole thing reminds me of Twin Peaks--you ask, what is all this and why am I in the middle of it?

9 comments:

Gordo said...

Wow, what an adventurous night! I miss Twin Peaks.

Janet said...

Thank you, Gary, you've given me inspiration for today's finger picture!!!

I had an AWESOME dream last night, but I'm not sharing ;-)

Anonymous said...

I miss Twin Peaks...not for the show, just for the location. Home. *sigh*

BTW, Sesame Street once did a paraody of it, called "Twin Beaks"...it was HILARIOUS!
Go ahead, youtube THAT. ;)

Anonymous said...

We recently watched that show on Net Flix.....and that Reminds me I want to see the x-fiules movie. I love those cult hits.

fiwa said...

Dreams like that crack me up - you wonder what your mind is trying to tell you!

Knight said...

Farmers*swife was definitely sending out signals again. I think she dreams of blogging and somehow makes a connection!

gary rith said...

spooky, huh?

tt said...

Ok..whatever you were eating or drinking before you went to bed....stop that! gracious !!
What in the world is your mind trying to figure out?

Lou said...

Really interesting dream Gary, you do have wonderful ones. I think this one is liked to emotions stirred over the past week, it does seem to be an examination of fear and death and being somewhere unfamiliar. A lot of the time I find the emotions in the dream are the key to linking them with life, it's the bodies way of making us confront them or explore them more deeply. So now.