Wednesday, August 20, 2008

PB&J muffin challenge, part 2

LYNDA CLUES US IN.
My Texas friend Lynda suggests this pb&j muffin recipe. It looks like an awesome and simple recipe, and I am warming the oven NOW. Pics later, alright?

ANDREW'S PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY MUFFINS

1 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 c. milk
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. jelly

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan. Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, salt; set aside.
In small bowl mix egg, milk, oil; blend well. Gradually stir this into flour mixture. Stir until blended and moist texture. Fill muffin tin 1/3 each, then drop 1 teaspoon each peanut butter and jelly. Top with batter. Bake 20 minutes. Makes 12 medium.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok, so now I am insanely hungry! Who knew a potter's blog would have recipes too! I'm going to have to try. :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

That does sound yummy and easy [We Texans are full of good recipes! LOL!]

Personally? I'd use jam instead of jelly. I think it would work better and taste better -- but, that's just Lil'Ol' ME.

Hey? This might be a great little recipe for the kids breakfast one morning next week!

Lynda said...

Looking forward to seeing the results!

gary rith said...

I agree, jam would be a good choice, gotta write this down and get started....

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

What's the shipping on a sample? LOL! Just kiddin, I'll make my own!

(I think I'll try them out on the kids tomorrow morning!!!

[Hmmm, I wonder if my Mac came with a transporter beam? That'd be cool!]

tt said...

OMG that sounds sooo good. Can't make it at home though...Lovee is alergic to peanuts! Isn't that awful....I LOVE pb&j!!!!!! Yummy!

Gordo said...

PB & honey is better. So sayeth the beekeeper. :-)

Susan as Herself said...

Great. Looking at all those muffins posts had made me starving. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect breakfast muffin for little boys (and big boys, too)!

I'm still salivating over those blueberry muffins from yesterday...