Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thanks.

Heard from a million people yesterday, thanks everybody. Jack was a great friend and the house is empty without him. The 2 cats are clownish as usual, Penny is the same old Penny, but Buster is sad. We called them the twins, being 2 large black labs with sweet natures and such good friends, even though 3 years apart in age. Jack's 13th birthday would have been later this month, and I am sure we will celebrate him again on that day.
Dreamt that I was an ice hockey goalie and that I needed to use the bathroom but the only one available was a falling down porta potty and I had on all my gear and couldn't get in there.....well. It was nice to wake up.

8 comments:

Gordo said...

I'm sure Buster will be lost for a time. How could he not?

I feel the pain of your dream, Gary. I spent 45 minutes needing to leave the movie theatre last night, but not wanting to miss any of the movie. ;-)

Lynda said...

You're really funny - I like that. Hockey? Porta-Potty? lol!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Wow. I missed a day or two's blog read and I missed a million things...

Sorry about Jack. I remember when my Basset died. I was with her until her last breath.

Even though I knew it was coming it hit me harder than I expected and I bawled through the night.

I used to always say I got her [Dixie] and DH on the same day -- cuz' we had our first date when I got back from picking her up from the breader.

Labs are fantastic dogs. Jack had a happy life.

Hope you have a Happy Wednesday, Gary...hope the misses handled it all OK too.

gary rith said...

Thanks all, and humor is all we've got, isn't it?

Susan as Herself said...

I didn't realize Jack went on my birthday! So sorry... he will be missed. Good dog...

Chatty said...

Hey, Gary, I was just thinking.
Before you decide on "Jack - and his years with you on earth" or "Little Jack" - how about emphasizing what he loved the most - you guys, and his ball. How about "Jack - our beloved ballplayer" or something like that? Just a thought, as I said...

gary rith said...

you have a point, but there is only space for 10-12 letters

Chatty said...

Darn! How about Jack-Ballboy...our Ballboy Jack