Tuesday, April 10, 2007

the potter plans a memorial


(marker made by Gary Rith)
You see, I often plan ahead, and including Petey's picture below was done with a purpose in mind. Maude and I found Petey living on Chicago's streets in 1993 and the vet guessed he was about 6. We had him until last spring, 2006, making him almost 19. What a dog, what a dog....
anyway, the day after he passed, I made him a little grave marker that turned out very well. Sammy knows, or knew I should say, that I struggle to make a good cat, but that recently, on his advice, they have become quite good.
So, I am plotting a circular marker for Sammy, and shall make it now, pics later no doubt, if it is looking successful.
BTW--Sammy and Petey were typical dog and cats in a house together: they ignored each other. Sammy was first, and when Petey moved in he was somewhat surprised and angry, but adjusted. They are surely sitting together in pet heaven, back to back, ignoring each other, eating celestial salmon or tuna.

4 comments:

Gordo said...

We planted a flowerbed over Toby, who is my parent's back yard. My brother helped me dig and we both fell over laughing when he asked me what the people in teh apartment buildings over looking the yard thought we were doing ... :-D

Anonymous said...

Likely a big hole, right?

Mother of Invention said...

I think that you honour your pets in a unique way few others have the skill to do. It helps to do these things to have fitting closure type thing. We buried my first cat with his blankie and ping pong ball!

Anonymous said...

His little sister is honoring him by sleeping in all his favorite spots.