Tuesday, April 10, 2007

about Sammy: thank you



(Sammy and a garden gnome, Emily and her old buddy Petey dog 1987-2006)
Thanks for the nice comments down there. Even a macho fellow like me is quite surprised at the number of tears that can be shed over a cat. I dreamt of Sammy 16 years ago when he was a kitten, and a wise old Chinese man told me he was one in a million, and Sammy sure was one in a million. Emily here has been with Sammy since she was just a few weeks old, and she is very confused. She and I are up at 3 this morning, and yes, she is the reason for any typos--vibrating-cat-on-the-lap. But she is one of the most cheerful creatures I have ever met, full of good humor and life. But she is looking around. She sat with Sammy yesterday afternoon, keeping him company.
Life goes on, you could say. Such as a trip to the grocery store later, 2 dogs that need walking, and the litter box needs cleaning. I have limited skills as a human being, but then again, not everybody is able to make a custom grave marker for their companions, so I shall make Sammy's memorial.
My wife has a friend that may be giving away their bunny---what did I tell you last week, wait until just after Easter and an unwanted bunny will need a home. Soon there may be a studio bunny.

10 comments:

Lucia said...

Yep, life does go on. Sometimes after stuff like this it seems like it shouldn't go on in such a normal way, but then it does.

Anonymous said...

Does the bunny have a name? If not, Boris is nice.

Gordo said...

I once knew of a guy with a pet rabbit named Stu. I swear. :-)

Gary, bunny therapy could be just what the doctor ordered. Just don't name him Bugs. Please. Creativity must rule the day. So says the guy with a dog named Shark-Bait. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Tears are good. Happy ones as well as sad ones. Safe voyage, Sammy.

As for therapy bunnies, the only possible name, surely, is Sigmund?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, the house is quiet.
Thanks again.
Although it would be amusing to have a little competition to name my bunny, if I find myself with one, I was thinking along the lines of 'Pepe' or 'Paco' or 'Snoopy' for boys, and the ordinary and pedestrian, predictable 'Clover' or 'Daisy' for a girl.
IF IF IF

Gordo said...

Paco's an awesome name for a bunny!

Anonymous said...

hmmm, maybe 'Gordo' for a boy bunny.....

Anonymous said...

hmmm but 'gordo" ain't very "bunny"..

what? nothing inspiring you from "watership down"?

Anonymous said...

Or call the rabbit Pax.

Sorry 'bout kitty from one kitty lover to another.

Gorthos

Mother of Invention said...

I'm thinkin' your pets do say thank you in their own way, and for a long time to come. You gotta know you made a difference intheir lives and so did they in yours.