Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tricked by Denis, that dirty dog


(pots by Gary Rith for Denis' friends and relatives)

Gotta box these up, put them on the last truck to Vermont before Christmas. Denis tricked me. His brother in law is apparently Archie Bunker, so Denis asked me to make a red elephant. I guess a red elephant is a symbol for red state Republicans! No way would I make Republican paraphenelia! Denis, your bill just went up.
Other than that, feeling Christmassy. Took my gorgeous wife out last night on a petite shopping trip and dinner. Our (drumroll please) 15th wedding anniversary, yes FIFTEEN, is Monday, Christmas Eve.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So - how about a photo of the happy couple on their wedding day? That would be fun to see!

Nice flower pots for Denis. Love the idea of the 'red' elephant! ha!

Gordo said...

I like the pots, Gary. Very cool.

Oh, and nice move, Denis! ;-)

Anonymous said...

i'm very happy with the pots. but the elephant looks orange to me...perhaps it's my computer monitor. well done gary!

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd say it was orange. It is red. Maybe with a slightly orange tinge.
Oh yes, Kate and Jim, there will be a pic, on the 24th.

Anonymous said...

Save some pots for me! I'll be buying a few come warm weather.

Happy pre-anniversary! Congratulations on 15 years!!

Lis Garrett
http://www.MelissaGarrett.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

very cool.. I really like the fluting and the nice transition between the colours. Put together they really make the pots come alive!

gary rith said...

Alive! Its Alive!
Thank you.

Unknown said...

Those pots are elegant and truly beautiful, Gary! Denis is a lucky guy. Or, his mom is lucky, I guess that's it, isn't it? And I got a look at it all, almost life sized, or so it seemed, and those little figures are poppin' with personality! Like they could talk and just might start any second.

Susan as Herself said...

Lovely pots, and congrats on 15 years!!!! Woooohooo.

Oh, and your wife is truly gorgeous, I agree. :)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary to the great couple. i wish you nothing but the best. you truly deserve it!

gary rith said...

fifteen! where does the time go?

cm said...

Time flies when you're having fun. I'll drink a toast to you both on the day. Congrats!