Monday, December 31, 2007

Kate and Jim ask about TV....

'Do you really not have a TV?'

To which I reply:

'Is it really so radical to have no TV? Be a vegan? Be a potter? Be a reclusive flake? I find that no matter what I like or do my friends range all over the place and have qualities and tastes very different from me, so a lack of TV is not really a statement or anything like that. We lived in New Hampshire for ten years. The house came with the biggest damn antennae on the roof you have ever seen, remember those? We got 8-11 stations from NH, Boston and Maine. When we moved to Ithaca our TV got no signal so we gave it to my mom and dad, and havn't thought about it. We have a cute little dvd player that allows us to lie in bed with the dog and watch movies. We're thinking of netflix. I do miss football and hockey, but a break of 2 years, man, it seems like a lot of ads! I read a tremendous amount, and like music videos on youtube, as everybody here knows.
About 6 new inches here on the ground, snow-wise. I hear you guys will get the worst of this storm!!!!!!!!! Best wishes, GR'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

only one of the dogs gets to lie in bed and watch movies with you?!

how do you choose who?

gary rith said...

well, Penny gets very jealous and chases everybody else out--hard to blieve because she is the newcomer, but she is the boss....