Thursday, December 06, 2007

glazing cow mugs for Kate and Jim, the movie!



Starring Gary Rith, and then a little load for glaze firing in the baby kiln (the cow mugs on top).
I use underglazes for something like the cow mugs, then a clear glaze over the whole thing. The baby kiln is not often used, because I use the big kiln most of the time. It is the size of a trash can and can be taken anywhere and plugged in anywhere--and still fires up to 2300 degrees. I used it because I had all these tiny items, why waste power for a small firing?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My nephew's gonna love 'em, Gary! By the way...in the Spring, he and his wife are moving up near Cooperstown to operate a dairy farm. Dairy farming down here is almost obsolete.

Anonymous said...

you make it look so udderly easy!

Ellen said...

I LOVE that little kiln! I need one!

gary rith said...

Yes, a cute little kiln is useful, Ellen.
I am ignoring Denis, and let's just hope, Kate, that the mugs fired well.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great mooooooooooooooo-ve to use the little kiln for small jobs.. and handy too! I just hope it's not too heavy to heiffer it around the shop. (ok that last one was stretching it) ;)

Unknown said...

Fascinating to watch, AND! I noted that all your little presentations on YouTube are rated as 5 stars. Way to go. They're every bit of that in my book, and yes, let's pretend that awful pun never happened. Groan.

Anonymous said...

Sorry not in my nature to pass up a pun. I never want to be destitute and punnie-less.

Gordo said...

Greg missed the obvious one ... He was too busy milking it ...

Anonymous said...

hey, dude, why are you ignoring me? what could i have possibly done to deserve such cruel and unusual punishment?

gary rith said...

Hmm, did you say somethng Denis? Greg's puns are so__________.

Anonymous said...

you're killin' me!

celeste, i need your help!

Anonymous said...

My puns are what gary... come on.. spit it out LOL... tastey? beefy?... Simply bovine? ;)

Anonymous said...

Denis, I believe you meant to say Gary's kiln you.