Tuesday, December 11, 2007

teasing my customers and family: back to business as usual






(middle pic is Mr Potsblog with his 2 labs and cute little beagle, bottom 2 pics are a pug ornament and a basset mug by Gary Rith)

I have a nice customer in Las Vegas with 6 basset hounds (forget who she was, I will start keeping records in 2008) who asked about basset hounds on pots. I grew up with 3 of them. They are basically a beagle stretched out and shortened in different ways. Whereas a beagle, or my labs, are beautiful and well-proportioned creatures, with a handsome athletic shape, basset hounds are kind of funny looking. Ditto the pugs my sister has.
BUT, I am willing to try things and have a good time, esp. if someting is funny, so I would call this my first successfull pug item, and also my first successful basset item.

10 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

I am captivated by the warm weather shot of you in shorts on the deck!!!

I am sick of winter already!!!!

gary rith said...

I know, 11 days of cold weather so far and it stinks.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice mug, Gary. I like it. Very professional.

I posted a comment somewhere else today, besides the one you saw, but I guess I forgot to click the 'nickname' tab. Hummmm. :)

Icing up again tonight, here. It's been raining since 3 p.m.

Anonymous said...

the weather is stinko, but thanks!

cm said...

I like how you've already made your first new year's resolution.

Gordo said...

"11 days of cold weather" ... But, it's not like you're counting or anything. ;-)

Ellen said...

Look, quit complaining about the weather! Who says you HAVE to live in NY? Here in Hotlanta, we had a balmy 75 today. Yesterday too. You want nice weather? Move south!

Gordo said...

I'm certainly not complaining, Ellen. I live on the proper side of Lake Ontario from Gary and embrace the winter. It's either that or curl up in a corner and whimper. ;-)

gary rith said...

Oh, sure Ellen, and you people are begging for mercy in August....

Anonymous said...

see, the problem with creating custom dog stuff is that those of us with "professionally blended breeds" will start wanting OUR dogs to show up on pottery! you are going to create a niche market and drive yourself crazy! (crazier?) lol

suzette in kingston