Thursday, May 22, 2008

I can walk under ladders

So, this morning, off with the beastie and the wife for the morning walkies to the playground. Ours is a very lucky playground, for us. The missus stopped at one point, despite the rain and cold, and found two four-leaf clovers! Then I found, in different spots, 8 four-leaf clovers and one 5-leaf clover. I am emptying the bank acct and buying lottery tickets. Poker, anyone?
For newer readers, I have a hobby of searching for 4-leaf clovers, which the wife has picked up on. I have found over 400 in the last few years. I have given some away, and kept the rest pressed under 'c' in the dictionary. I am very fortunate, yes I am.
In other news, entirely contradicting the above, whoa, what a dream last night. I dreamt I had a premonition of a) a huge and destructive hurricane destroying our community AND b) I saw storm troopers, Star Warsish, sneaking in advance of the storm, so they could swoop in and take over. We went to our neighborhood and tried to warn people, who weren't listening, and tried to pack and run: jam, peanut butter, but how do you pack 3 dogs and 2 cats into a back pack? Sh!t, it was awful.
I awoke, of course, mindful of the fact that millions in eastern Asia have faced this in the last few weeks, and was quite humbled by their predicament. As I say, I am fortunate.

3 comments:

Tink said...

I love that you keep them all pressed under "C" in the dictionary! I'll have to start looking for some of my own. I wonder if clovers even grow in Florida...

Gordo said...

It's good to be reminded of our fortune every now and then. Otherwise, we get complacent.

Susan as Herself said...

I used to find 4 leaf clovers all the time also---when I had a real yeard and could walk around at me leisure. Sigh. Those were the days.