Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I am Iron Man--head-banging in its infancy

Speaking of Ozzy. I am no fan of Ozzy Osbourne, not at all. I think he is stupid and his brains addled and the rumors of his early touring days are....
well, anyway, there's no denying that his early band Black Sabbath, whereas Crosby,Stills, Nash and Young were all about peace and love, they were about darkness and noise. (I love CSNY, but that's another day..) You have to admit, if you are a hard rock fan or metal fan, that maybe Steppenwolf brought the expression 'heavy metal' to rock, Led Zeppelin got the ball rolling, and then maybe Black Sabbath ran with it. In this video, Black Sabbath live in Paris 1970, you see what just might be the night "head-banging" was invented, hair and all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...you put this up just for me, didn't you, Gary? ;)

gary rith said...

I am Iron Man!