Sunday, September 07, 2008

speaking of scams and paypal!

As I said 2 seconds ago in the post below, I have sent many emails of complaint to paypal about their succumbing to some hacking scam which resulted in my loss of 60 bucks, because one of my HAPPY customer's paypal acct. was stolen (they say I should call them). The customer is a good person who emailed me when I learned of the problem, but she isn't having much luck. Turns OUT she's a blogger too, and visits here all the time, who knew? Heather commented:
"Hey Gary, it's me, Heather. The one with the stolen PayPal account and who has caused you drama. I read your blog almost daily and I just checked it and read your PayPal post. I am so sorry! I really feel terrible. Give me a few days and I will pay you again (not through PayPal) if needed. I don't have the money in my PayPal because they took it from you but never gave it to me. I HATE THEM!! You are great, I hope you're not still super upset. Just know I will take care of you one way or another. I think you're an amazing artist and an even more amazing person. I love reading your blog and hearing about your adventures. :o)"

Nice of her to say all of that. Heather didn't do anything wrong, but paypal is the one who let the hackers scoop the money, soooooo, they need to settle this with her. Think of Heather here, bless her, trying to fix DOZENS of messed up transactions!
Thanks Heather, we'll see if we can get it right.

UPDATE: Paypal has been no help at all. I spent 30 minutes talking to a person in India who would not help. Apparently they say the acct was stolen so they just voided EVERY TRANSACTION. One keystroke, and there goes my money.

12 comments:

Giggles said...

Poor Heather she must be devastated too! Well obviously. Sounds very commendable what she's attempting to do! I hope it gets rectified somehow!
Very informative post.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having all the problems with PayPal. I have had problems with them in the past too.

they suck.

Anonymous said...

UGH! I just don't want to hear these things about PayPal . . . I'm thinking I need to find another way to do business before this happens to me, too.

Very gracious of Heather, but you're right . . . it's PayPal's mess to clean up.

Anonymous said...

gary, contact the office of the attorney general of new york. i used them twice here in vermont and they took care of the problems. it was simple and painless. companies are putty in their hands.

gary rith said...

Ah ha! Well, it is nice to have a cooperative and honest customer anyway.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Please don't let them steal my PayPal bucks! It's for my mug!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Denis has an excellent suggestion. Go for it!
PayPal doesn't want a black eye, and unresolved complaint with the AG might just give them one.

PEACE said...

And here I think allof us felt PayPal was the safe and secure way to do business on the web....now what do we do if we want more pottery from you????

Jessica said...

Gary that sucks...it's frustrating when you talk to a customer service person for a while..and feel like you are getting nowhere. :(

Lou said...

that's awful Gary, I'm crossing things that some kind of resolution will come through, x

gary rith said...

I think paypal is still the best idea going, but they are huge and unmoving, and Heather here apparently has to fight with them for resolution, and I have to ask Heather for payment.

Anonymous said...

Something was lurking in the back of my mind so I did a search and found out that Paypal was the defendant in a class action lawsuit about 4 years ago. Apparently, they've forgotten their 9.2 million-dollar lesson. I can send you the email, if you want to wave it in their faces.

Hugs!
~ Sil