Thursday, September 04, 2008

Spike and Penny certify the Sweepstakes


A pretty great get together, that jokeathon was, wasn't it? Let's give it a little time to settle, then DO IT AGAIN!
Once again, thank you for the contributions and fun. I think that the boundaries of what we would share with a 10 year old were pushed pretty far, (pushed off a cliff, maybe, to some readers!) but I did not want to be censorious or schoolmarmish.
Congrats to runner up Sil in Korea and Lis from Ithaca with the grand prize!
All the jokes are below. I printed 25 pages (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I will save them on a permanent button on the right, where Penny is wearing her purple hoodie, and you can look any time.
Thanks!
-Gary

8 comments:

tt said...

So, what did the '10' year old think of these???
I never thought about how many jokes were out there...insane actually. And, I'm sure this is just the very teeny,tiny tip of the iceburg! We sure do like to laugh don't we!

Hilary said...

'Twas great fun.

gary rith said...

It is a theoretical ten year old. The idea is "would I be embarrassed to tell this to a ten year old?". So sure, there is room for interpretation.
Folks wanna do it again. I am thinking approx. 6 months from now, when it is late February, the absolute WORST TIME OF YEAR in the north, when Valentine's is past, the snow is piled up and the clouds endless and grey and still plenty of weeks of winter ahead. yep. Good time of year for a jokeathon.

cm said...

We only barely scratched the surface of the elephant jokes. I do love an elephant joke.

February should give celeste sufficient time to come up with a suitable entry.

Fortune Cookies said...

oops, I missed the part about being appropriate for a 10 year old...sorry

Jessica said...

Such a fun way...for people to come together. :)

Newt said...

Oh, well, if Penny and Spike are certifying it, well, I sure trust that more than those Florida folks :-)

Anonymous said...

But...I think I've exhausted my favorites from Garrison Keilor's "Pretty Good Joke Show" tapes.

Next time maybe I'll check out a joke book from the library kids' section.