Tuesday, September 16, 2008

weekly word photo challenge: she/he, him/her, male/female



Tink's weekly photo challenge is something about male and female, man and woman. There are so many obvious choices, BUT as I wandered across Cornell's campus yesterday, the modern sculptures screamed for inclusion.
YES, Cornell's art museum has Two Naked Guys Cafe, and there are 2 lifesize bronze naked guys in the cafe. Then I saw this naked lady outside the library. It is a cubist naked lady, but if you look closely, you realize, from the right angle, that she is in kind of a lewd position. Or not, depending on your imagination. Maybe it's just a big bronze blob.

9 comments:

Fortune Cookies said...

well played! not the run of the mill, to be expected male/female...great job!

Anonymous said...

Ha! You remind me of some great photos I took of sculptures in the Rodin museum in Paris. A few of them have the ability to embarrass my children.
I played it differently this week. SuperDad helped me come up with my idea, because all I could think of was posting a pic of a boy & his cat...and I did that for "16."

PS: I enjoy looking at that great photograph of Spike! Cleopatra might be in love....

gary rith said...

Kitty LOVE!!!!!!!!!
My 8th grade teachers asked me what I wanted to be. I said artist. Mr. Bull, probably my favorite teacher ever, said 'you just want to draw pictures of naked ladies!'. Of course, I tend toward naked pigs and elephants instead....

Tink said...

Great name for a cafe! But, can you trust the food. ;)

Janet said...

that statute looks like a cross between Goofy and Donald Duck...

Newt said...

Ohhhh cool. Very nice!

Reb said...

Very cool interpretation.

Karen said...

Okay what is that woman doing outside the library? Surely not studying! And why no close ups of the Two Naked Guys? Too embarrassed to be seen taking their picture? Hmmmm?

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to try to embarrass teenagers. I mean, by something other than just existing as myself.