Monday, September 15, 2008

waterfowl!!




(pots by Gary Rith)
Cheri asked me about ducks, and I made and just shipped them a duck bowl. Then there was talk of ducky cuppys, and I made one of those and Cheri's daughter Laura thinks they might need about 30 of them.....thirty. Three-zero. Not blowing any surprises, am I? Anyway, Cheri, have a look at the top pic, the original is on the right, and I started glazing it, but then thought of 2 others---the curved sided, plus the back left, a little duck on the handle. Should we mix and match, so the potter doesn't get BORED? Laura, btw, you will be happy to know that outside my studio window today, I heard AND saw on the river behind the house: 3 cormorants, 7 ducks (mallards!), 2 blue herons and a snowy egret, and about a dozen Canadian geese. They are QUACKING up a storm, as some of them are heading south for the winter, and the eating behind my house on the river is good.
And Lynda asked about a puffin mug. This looks like an excellent puffin mug, even better later when the colors are added. I bought puffin cereal to use for inspiration, and my wife tells me it is a tax deduction.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh yes, these are all exceptional! Can't wait to see the finished product. The ducks are too cute, too!

gary rith said...

These puffins are excellent tasting indeed....