Thursday, September 04, 2008

September anniversaries:

Knight got me thinking about anniversaries.

--It is 25 years ago this week that I first touched clay and got onto the wheel. 25 Years!
--It is also 25 years since I met my best pal Denis. We were geeky little college frosh, and were in a dorm suite with 6 other little geeks. Denis is the absolute BEST friend I could have. The best. Of course, 25 years ago, he had a lot more on top, but anyway....
--AND 17 years ago my wife was just an aquaintance. She is a tiny little thing, but when she heard I was moving apartments she asked if she could help! Then we started to date and all. And we have moved a WHOLE LOTTA junk in the 17 years since she said that! (got married Christmas 1992)
Smooch, I love you sweetie, thanks so much for helping me out THEN and ever since.

9 comments:

Knight said...

This is so sweet. You certainly have a lot to celebrate in September. I think that makes it a pretty great month.

Anonymous said...

Awwww....

EH

tt said...

Congrats on all your celebrations!! I love reading happy things and reading how people are happy with their lives.
You and the Mrs. Rock!

Jessica said...

Yay! Congrats! :)

Ellen said...

Today is my wedding anniversary...32 years! And yes, I was a child bride. ;)

I am bummed I missed the contest yesterday. I hope you do another one. I have TONS of great jokes.

I missed it because I was pulling handles on the mugs I threw...I actually worked!

Anonymous said...

it's our silver anniversary! we need to get a bottle of champagne and celebrate.

Anonymous said...

I think Celeste drank all the champagne...

Anonymous said...

so typical of her!

Anonymous said...

September is a very good month for oh-so-many reasons!