Tuesday, June 12, 2007

'so Gary, where did you go and why?'




Well, since you ask. Top picture was my last destination, Sheffield Pottery in Massachusetts. I just discovered they have an online catalog with ME in it. This is an old family business in western Mass, with a clay hole in the back yard, a warehouse full of clay, and a huge gallery of pottery. I sell pots to them. This is a picture of the founders, parents of John and Diane Cowen who run it now. It is cool: I drop off pots, pick up clay, a nice circle.
Driving through eastern NY, all of Vermont and New Hampshire and western Mass, WOW. The scenery. Including Franconia Notch. The highway goes right through this enourmous mountain valley...gorgeous.
My first stop was Sharon Arts Center. We used to live close to this place, and it is a totally fabulous gallery and classes too. They treat me so nice too!
So, in sum, I visited five shops and dropped out pots throughout New England, and came home with 500 pounds of clay, ready to make more.

3 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

It is a beautiful area! (I've only been to Lake Placid and a bit into Vermont)I love the Vermont type landscape..I wistfully look through those Log Cabin magazines and they all look like that! My life dream...well, maybe it'll be my next life!

Anonymous said...

yummy camera Gary, I want a little pocket size jobbie like that instead of having to lug the slrinator everywhere - let us know how you get on with it peez :)

(sorry, tried commenting on the actual post with the pic of the camera but my computer in work wouldn't let me, weird)

Anonymous said...

Lou, it is indeed quite small. I am still afraid to use it, must study the manual closely.
MOI--New England is fairly compact, and I drove a lot of it, what a treat.