Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Kinks


I am not one of those people who really loves the Beatles. I always liked the bands that arrived five minutes after the Beatles more: The Stones, The Who, The Kinks and so on. I said last week that Van Halen did a nice version of 'You really got me', but the original by The Kinks was actually rather amazing although rough and maybe charted a new direction for rock and roll. In this clip, watch for the dancing hipsters toward the end.
Busy busy morning, lots to show you later but glazing now.

4 comments:

Gordo said...

Ray Davies was/is a musical genius. Great way to start the morning, Gary. Thanks.

gary rith said...

It is true, isn't it? I think they charted the direction to modern rock and roll and the Beatles went toward modern pop?
Oh, what guitars!!!!
They look like a bunch of nerds though.

Anonymous said...

All though...Well Respected. :)

Anonymous said...

Most everybody in the early 60s looked like a nerd. Of couse, I was born in the mid-60s, so I never looked like a nerd myself...