Friday, June 08, 2007

POTTERY IN ACTION


(flower pot by Gary Rith)
Funny story here. My wife's friend a couple of miles up the road invites us over so we can have some extra garden plants out of her yard. I packed this flower pot to give them as a gift. On the way we stop for a couple of groceries, and see these flowers here. I start imagining the flower pot gift on my porch with these deep purple flowers with lavendar in back of the pot. I am very bad. I decided to keep the flower pot for myself, and bought my wife's friends a tomato plant with big green tomatoes on it. The tomatoes went over well and they never knew aout the flower pot...

8 comments:

cm said...

...until now.

That dog looks like he's up to something.

gary rith said...

yegads! about!

Believe me, that dog is up to something.

Anonymous said...

hmm yeah I hope they don't read your blog. The and plants look good toegther though!

gary rith said...

life online: secrets revealed

Anonymous said...

Hope they don't read your blog. (But hey, a tomato plant makes a nice gift, too.)

EH

Anonymous said...

It really was a sweet tomatoe plant, tiny yet covered with little green tomatoes (rationalize, rationalize) and besides, the pot looks great with the intense blue flowers and lavendar.

Unknown said...

i likes that pot i does :)

Mother of Invention said...

Unless of course, they read this blog!!! Then...BUSTED!