Sunday, June 03, 2007

Jerry Garcia and Carlos Santana


'Fire on the Mountain', Grateful Dead and Santana. Some people might think this is too much of a good thing--I love Fire on the Mountain, in all its looooong meandering glory.
OK, Jerry and me: in 94 I took 84 high school students to see the Dead at the Boston Garden and then Jerry Garcia died a few months later. Lucky me (to see them)! (the school ASKED me to take them, it was their idea). So, yesterday at Ithaca Fest, some band spent half the afternoon doing Dead covers that were as good as the originals, and the guy from Woodstock in the booth across from me selling tie-dye t-shirts had a five dollar box, and I got myself a slick Dead t-shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smooth...Gary.

Anonymous said...

Five bucks! Free concert too!!!!