Wednesday, March 21, 2007

disgraphia






(pencil guys and pots by Gary Rith)
I have crummy handwriting, and do better with a pencil, but who cares? I type my life away. BUT, the world needs cute little pencil guys, and I am the one make them, athough I am wondering why there aren't any elephants here. So, I make the usual little animal, with a hole under, and then perform simple surgery on a pencil, (an eraserendectomy) add a little glue to the animal's bottom, and tada, fantastic writing implement. I started thinking I need a good way to display, so this bottom pic of the enclosed dome thing will have holes added on top for use as a display pot.
ALSO, I do not especially like brown glazes, but mine is kinda fun, speckly and whatnot, and I have plenty of it, so you also see here a little pot with blue and brown--nice combo, I think.

19 comments:

Gordo said...

Very cool. Although, disturbing ona certain level as well. ... LOL

gary rith said...

you're disturbed: remember you're on probation as a commenter, having been fired 2 days ago

Lynnea said...

That bunny with the belly button is too cute!

Puts new meaning on 'a stick up your bum' doesn't it gordo?

Oh, don't fire me...please.

gary rith said...

what are you people doing to my blog??????????????????????

Mother of Invention said...

Is this a twist on the PEN PAL idea?!! Poor piggies have to go through life with a pencil up their butts!! Hmm.maybe better than hemmoroids! (SP?)

Anonymous said...

THAT'S IT MOi! Collect your final paycheck from human resources and depart the premises now! You're fired!

Gordo said...

Denis is right: it's a lot of fun when people hassle you, Gary. :-)

Maggie, you're right.

Anonymous said...

I am going to put a special filter on this commenting section, with a list of names to be excluded...

Mother of Invention said...

Oh, man! I've never been on a hit list before! I have indeed arrived!!

Anonymous said...

ohoh.. it's the department of Home Seciruty!!! YOU';RE ALL ON THE list NOW!!.. ORANGE ALERT! ORANGE ALERT!!...ORANGE YOU GLAD you don't have pencil up your...

danger!...danger will robinson.. danger...

gary rith said...

::sniff::
my wife thinks the display idea I have would be tacky. Iwill show her, oh yes!

Gordo said...

Heads on pikes worked for Vlad the Implaler ... Oh, wait ... You're not looking for intimidation, are you?

gary rith said...

who needs a comments section? I wonder if I can get rid of it permanently....

Anonymous said...

YOU WILL BUY FROM ME OR YOU"LL END UP LIKE THE PIGGY WITH YOUR OWN PENCIL! BUY! BUY!

gary rith said...

let's see, if I go to the blogger dashboard, and look in the comments area, and try to find 'delete section'....

Anonymous said...

but seriously, how is the display you're making tacky? {scratching head}

Lynnea said...

I would say what I think the display pot looks like to me but I'm pretty sure it would get me booted off comments forever...

gary rith said...

what a very active peanuts gallery this has become...

Lynnea said...

Sorry Gary, but hey I think once its finished a) it won't remind me of what it reminds me of and b) it will look great...