Wednesday, March 28, 2007

back to school


(Cornell Law School)
I am a volunteer to act as a 'prospective juror' at Cornell Law School this afternon. Next month, 3 days of 'trials'. There is a little bit of money for this play-acting, and lunch during trial. I am actually putting on a pair of chinos, a belt, nice shoes, and a decent and clean shirt. I shaved. I shall wear a watch. People probably do these things every day, but I sure don't! (has it been over 2 years since I wore something other than jeans and flannel shirt?) I will even comb my hair. I consulted with Mrs Potsblog, she says no jacket and tie needed today. Wouldn't it be fun to fill out the forms as a raving gun nut, right wing lunatic???? 'Execute them all and let God sort it out!!!!'

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Report back on the menu.

Mona Buonanotte said...

I used to play a 'patient' for the medical students at Local University. My favorite scenario was where they had to tell me I had a horrible disease. Oh, the looks on their poor faces....

Gordo said...

What the heck are "chinos"? We don't have those up here.

Good for you, Gary!

Lucia said...

Aw, you'll probably fill out the form as the normal beer-drinking happy bunny-lovin' potter you are.

Lynnea said...

This sounds so fun! You must give us a full account of what happens.

Mother of Invention said...

Sounds like Kangaroo Court we did at Summer Camp. I'd start cutting up! get a pic of you all cleaned up to see if we recognize you!!!

(I used to get free cracks when my husband was in Chiropractic College....now I'm lucky if I can get my name into the book!)

Anonymous said...

remember...guilty until proven innocent.

also, when in doubt, convict!

gary rith said...

tan pants?

Gordo said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Khakis! :-)