Saturday, March 31, 2007

March 31--one year in the purple house! Yippee!


(purple house, home of Mr and Mrs Potsblog and Brown Trout Pottery)
13 months ago on Feb 28 we closed our house in New Hampshire and drove Uhaul's biggest truck, plus 3 dogs and 2 cats west to New York and unloaded it all at my parents and stayed in their barn until we found and bought and moved into the purple house, near Ithaca, on March 31. It has been a heck of a year. We are now 2 dogs and 2 cats with Petey's ghost guarding the back yard, Mrs Potsblog is gainfully and overemployed in glorious and rewarding work, I have the best studio on earth and business keeps me hopping, we have met MANY of the bloggers and visitors to this blog this past year, and I have been on TV. Doing pretty good.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! When's the party? hee

Lucia said...

I had a visual image of myself, on a road trip, and coming to a screeching halt at the purple house, thinking, "I know that house. Where do I know that house from?"

Presumably, if I were actually on a road trip there, I'd give you a heads up and maybe even get actual directions to the purple house.

Congratulations to you and Mrs. P on your house anniversary!

Anonymous said...

thanks! it is mild today, but last year it was about 80 degrees on March 31!
woohoo!
you, and any other nice person, is welcome anytime

Gordo said...

Yay, Gary & Maude! :-)

gary rith said...

thanks Gord!

Anonymous said...

oh.. ahem.. ONLY nice people are allowed to visit?... wait a sec.. what category am I in THIS week? LOL

congrats on anniv in the purple house! IS purple a good kharma thing? or chakra or something?

Anonymous said...

purple had something to do with royalty in ancient Rome, that's it!

Andrea Frazer said...

This is definitely the makings of some children's book starring your dead cat:

I lived in the house
Where I once chased a mouse
Right into a pot
Where Gary lived

He got stuck in the lid
And he hid and he hid
Until Maude found a broom
At Gary's house

So the mouse ran away
But I'm here to stay
In the gardens out back
Of Garys house...

Anonymous said...

you should see the cheeky critters: deer and woodchucks and red squirrels all hang around in that spot, and Petey's ghost is kept quite busy chasing them off

Mother of Invention said...

"Loaded up the truck and we moved to Bever...New York!"

You have been truly blessed! What a happy move and pretty house! Cheers to Year 1 and to the coming Year 2!

Anonymous said...

thanks MOi!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Love the purple house. I am partial to purple structures:) May have to do a painting of that!