Thursday, March 29, 2007

changing course and dressing up





The question is, if a loud shirt with dragons on it makes my wife laugh when she thinks of me on TV, what makes her ooh and aah with delight? Gents, no way around it, a TIE and maybe a jacket. When I was a prep school teacher ten plus years ago, I wore jacket and tie every day, as was required, then tossed that stuff in the back of the closet and forgot about it. BUT, chicks dig a well dressed man I need to remember, so I can dress up once a decade. And my mom probably expects it, and OH YES she will be watching. After digging through the back of one closet and finding the wad of ties I chose the cute Brooks Brothers number with elephants. It is a terrific blue. My wife will be sad to see my Hermes ties not very neatly folded into their orange box at the bottom of this pile.
last question: jacket or not, and then which one?

10 comments:

Gordo said...

The elephant tie with the tiki shirt ... :-D

gary rith said...

good point, mix and match as much as possible: be memorable

Anonymous said...

with an elephant teapot and an elephant tie, people will think you are a member of the GOP.

BTW, great teapot!

Mona Buonanotte said...

Jacket. 'Cause chicks dig 'em.

gary rith said...

Yeah, Mona, that's what I think. I want to make a splash around here when I get home late this evening, smelling of success and fame.
I know Denis, I love elephants but idiots always wonder if that makes me a Republican. NOT! Donkeys are not quite as appealing.

Gordo said...

Gary, if you really want to make a splash, bring a water balloon ... :-D

Anonymous said...

nono... forget the water balloon.. spike your hair!

gary rith said...

well, I have some of this green hair dye...

Anonymous said...

Quit givin' him ideas! Sheesh. We want him to make a good impression, remember?

Anonymous said...

I may check the folds on those ties . . .