Sunday, February 17, 2008

who are you, who who?



Got an email today from a nice person. I have no recollection of anything, which is not unusual for me, as I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. So:


"Dear Gary:

Several months ago I left a comment on your blog. At the time I left it, it was meant to be funny. I realized shortly after I left it that, you don’t know me. You have no way of knowing of my sense of humor. And since you don’t know me, I have a feeling that the comment was taken in the wrong way. I did not mean for it to sound caustic.

I am normally considered by others to be a kind and gentle person (honestly!). But at times, I put my foot in my mouth and speak or write before thinking. Sometimes I forget, as we all do, that the written word can be misinterpreted, as the tone or body language cannot be detected.

You may print this on your blog if you wish. I will publicly admit that I am a jerk at times. I want to apologize if I had offended you. I did not mean to do so. I adore your work. I use my one and only bunny mug every day. I want to make purchases in the future so I hope you will allow me to contact you. I read your blog every day. I enjoy seeing your new ideas and checking up on the animals.

I do hope you will allow me to participate on the blog and order from your site.

Thanks

Debi"


and I reply:


"I sometimes check the spam folder and find real messages, whereas my inbox is always full of spam. Your message was in the spam!
I am trying to figure out what you may have said. You are apologizing for something, but I have absolutely no recollection of you or your comment! So, apology accepted, thanks! Now who are you?
I think I should post this, because it is hilarious. Please remind me what the joke was. Although the surface of my blog is squeaky clean, underneath that we are all adults....and everyone is welcome to comment as long as they aren't mean or overtly profane or obscene.
gr"

No comments: