Friday, February 22, 2008

Kate checks in with: BEAGLE CUTENESS!


Potsblog friend Kate sends us this photo of when she was a little girl with a little beagle!

"Now isn't this the cutest thing? ha! That's me, in 1958, (I was 6 yrs old) with our house beagle 'Jiggs'. We were teaching him how to sit up and beg. I loved that dog - I think he died when I was about 12, it broke my heart. Isn't it something - it makes me miss him even to this day, just thinking about him.
We've got about 5-6 inches of snow already. It just keeps coming down. Have a great day, you two.Kate & Jim"
Thanks Kate and Jim, best to you both!

6 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

Very neat! She's about my age by the dress with the crinoline and black patten Sun. School shoes!

Hey, is Penny playing with a FLAT CAT in the pic before this?!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Kate! thanks for sharing some of your memories and such. Always great to find out more about our friends out there!

Anonymous said...

MOI - you're right, those were my Sunday School clothes and shoes. I'm just glad it wasn't a photo of when my mother had given me a 'home permanent'! remember those???

I remember the day the photo was taken, I was showing my Grand Dad how I could make her sit up and beg.

kate&jim

cm said...

Great pic, kate!

Anonymous said...

I love it Kate. As someone not from America who has been exposed to a lot of American culture via TV and Film, seeing this real picture is really interesting and inspiring to me - as if my eye is thankful that it's not a recreation, that it's authentic.

Anonymous said...

what a cutie!