Monday, February 11, 2008

tongue action


(monster mugs by Gary Rith)
I think monster mugs are better with a tongue in their mouth, at the bottom of the cup, don't you agree? Have a look Mona! One could be yours!
So, this afternoon I go off to a Cornell non-credit pottery class. What a hoot! The teacher is so skilled, and she doesn't have any techniques like mine, and the studio is toasty warm, what could be more fun??? She is also friendly and chatty and nice. Next week for class: show and tell! Alright! This is so much fun!
Big snow storm expected here tomorrow. I was going to the store Wednesday, but went this morning instead, like every other dork in the county (frozen peas are SOLD OUT if you can believe it...) and I got not the usual loaf of wheat bread and jar of peanut butter but TWO of each! So now we got some groceries, some peanut butter, enough to last a couple of days.
FINALLY, my sister was hired to do makeup for a music video of werewolves. It's fantastic, go to this link and scroll down slightly to the music video part. My sister lives in far northern Minnesota and this band traveled there from LA, and they had never seen snow.....maybe they had never seen below zero F either...

15 comments:

Gordo said...

I can imagine the uptick in traffic you're going to see with this title, Gary. :-P

But, that's definitely an excellent addition to an already very cool mug.

Wait. You have a sister?

Anonymous said...

yes! a sister, niece, nephew, mom and dad, a few in-laws and cousins...a lot, of cousins

Anonymous said...

clay and make-up!
wow.
your family has got it all!

gary rith said...

yes, my sister and niece are involved in theater

Anonymous said...

Fantastic mug, Gary!

And that is one insanely crazy video!

Anonymous said...

yeah, pretty cool, eh?

Anonymous said...

yeah, pretty cool, eh?

Gordo said...

Seriously, Gary. I had no idea you have a sister.

Anonymous said...

oh cool video.. looks like they had fun with that one and the local populace! :)

I think the white accents of the eyes , teeth and pink tongue are perfect for that shade of monster blue

Susan as Herself said...

Good luck with the snowstorm! Good you laid in supplies.

Love the tongue in the mug too. :)

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up there used to be a small store right at the intersection of 366 and Etna Lane. It was called.....Dinglers? It was owned by the father of the guy who owns A-1 in Dryden. They had the best pizza and everything you need to make it through a snow storm!

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up there used to be a small store right at the intersection of 366 and Etna Lane. It was called.....Dinglers? It was owned by the father of the guy who owns A-1 in Dryden. They had the best pizza and everything you need to make it through a snow storm!

Anonymous said...

I hear it burned down. rats!

Mona Buonanotte said...

Me want! Me want! I sent email...me want!

Little Lovables said...

I have your monster mug in yellow (without the tongue) and I was totally thinking, how rad it would be if there was a tongue in it!