(wicked cool elephant jar by Gary Rith)
Let's say you're me. It is the cold and ugly middle of February and football season is over. But let's count the blessings, shall we?
1) this cool jar, and the potential to make more like it! Being a potter is sooooooooo much FUN FUN FUN!
2) Valentine's week--a chance to spoil the wife and I bet she's extra nice too
3) I have a ceramics class at Cornell later today--I havn't taught or taken a class in more than 10 years! This may be fun, although it is almost giving me an anxiety attack...
4) hockey has weeks and months to go, including women's hockey here at Cornell, so a person doesn't miss football that much
5) baseball starts soon, which means SPRING
6) Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue arrives soon, but I didn't say that
7) beagles and labrador retrievers and different types of grey tigers in my house
8) March 1 is my wife's birthday, and it always feels like spring will come soon
9) getting netflix so we can watch South Park and Sopranos episodes on our dvd player
10) an interesting political season
11) the public library is still free
12) maybe in the spring visiting Kate and Jim, Denis, and Maurice and Celeste
13) sheesh, my family and friends are happy and healthy, you can't beat that.....