Wednesday, January 02, 2008

1968!



Some people were flower children in 1968, some people, like me, were just children. Here I am two years old. You will notice, of course, the straight blonde hair. Somewhere along the line in grade school I suddenly developed curly black hair, which unlike all my male relatives I still have, going grey quickly. (of course Missus Potsblog, getting closer to 50 everyday, already has a beautiful head of grey hair)
But that's not the point.
The point is, New Year, clean up around the house, as I have said (and this pic was in the desk drawer when I was cleaning). Today I do a bit more of that, change furnace and water filters, maybe get to the recipe pile, but I have pottery orders to work on once again, and an order of 4 piggies to ship. Yes, you poor slobs are back at work, and I am to.

10 comments:

Gordo said...

That's a great picture, Potterman! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

1968 - hummm, I was a senior in high school.

Yes, us poor slobs are going back to work today!

See ya later, have a wonderful day - although a very {{{cold}}}} one.

gary rith said...

arctic!
Kate=flower child

Anonymous said...

hmmmm wee cute child pics... I'll have to email my folks for some hehehe.

oh yes.. clean up... I started cleanijg up the shop from all the santa flurry but got side track making a "scary sharp sharpening system" tools are almost sharp enough to shave with now.. but it's back to cleaning (AND a certain table)

Ellen said...

Aw, cute! I think my grandson, who has straight blond hair, will develop curly black hair sometime along the way. His daddy has curly black hair, but was blond as a baby.

gary rith said...

yeah, Ellen, wonder how that happens?
so, Grego, that's how you look so good: you shave with a chisel!

Anonymous said...

shave with a chisel.. ain't you the cut-up! LOL.. they are ALMOST that sharp.. enough to cut the skin.. but not enough to give good shave.. besides with this face I only need to trim the fuzz a couple times a week LOL ;)

Ellen said...

It is interesting genetics, isn't it? My son had light brown hair that was ringlet curly. By the time he was 5 it was dark, and coarse like mine, with wave but no curl. My mom had white blonde ultra fine hair as a child and a nice medium brown wave as an adult. I always wanted a blonde kid, but married the wrong man for that! haha!

gary rith said...

yeah, but then there would be blonde jokes all their life

Anonymous said...

Very cute!