Friday, August 25, 2006

Travels with Toni

http://www.travelswithtoni.com/
Toni at Travels With Toni is pretty cool. A fantastic writer, her original blog ‘Strong Coffee’ was the first blog we had ever seen, ever ever ever. We got a new computer years ago, and wanted to find our old Chicago free weekly "Strong Coffee" with Madame Sosotras wicked horoscope, and came up with Toni’s blog. She and her husband and kids live outside Chicago, she is a writer and attorney, maybe more Mom and writer at the moment, photographer too. We didn’t meet, but Maude, Toni and I were all at Univ of Illinois Chicago at the same time. The blog these days is tres chic and high tech. Toni can be quite bawdy and funny, check it out.
Dreaming last night: back in college, taking adolescent psychology, which I never did take, but I aced the first test and got a 20 on the 2nd and not much better on the third...I have to wonder, if I am dreaming, why am I giving myself tests and grading them and not doing better? I suppose I need to dream myself studying a little harder, and why did my two dogs live with me in my dormroom, except they kept getting out into the hallway? Have a field day with all this, Dr Freud.
At the store the other day I was poking this Green Mtn Coffee bag with cinnamon cream swirl coffee. People nearby wondered why it smelled like French toast. Man, its good, but leads me to today's work: obviously glazing and making sugar bowls as mentioned below, but I like this mug here so much I should make a whole bunch. More on that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Chicago-area one you might like is mimi smartypants. She posts irregularly, but you can sign up for her mailing list.

Anonymous said...

thanks to you i'm now in the mood for coffee - green mountain coffee, of course. yum.