Saturday, August 26, 2006

Dreams o' the day times three

I have said before that maybe creative people dream a lot, because they can't turn it off. As I wrote a couple days ago, sometimes I work on pots in my sleep.
http://dickeybird.blogspot.com/
St Dickeybird is a creative guy, he has a lot of dreams too, but I had 3 last night.
In the first, I was to meet Celeste at that huge mall in downtown Toronto, whatever it is called and please remind me, but I couldn't find a drink. You would think in a place like there would be beverages, wouldn't you??? Never got around to meeting up with Celeste......
Then I dreamt I was back in high school and the school had a policy of handing out valium to all the students (maybe that is a clever idea?) except I didn't want any, much to the teacher's surprise, stating I was a mellow enough guy to begin with. Happy too.
Lastly, I was to marry a young Queen Elizabeth. I got pretty disgusted with the whole thing, just plain BORED with life at court, and I told her so. I didn't want to marry her, but there was this other handsome young guy hanging around named Philip, so I figure things worked out OK for the Queen.
I may lay it on thick sometimes, exaggerate even, but I do tell the truth, honest injun, so those are my dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be the Eaton Centre and I'd recommend...uh, oh right, yes, there is a pub, but it's around the back and one of those places that you have to know where it is in order to find it which is why you didn't.

Anonymous said...

I had lunch there in 88, at a fantastico place overlooking that little chapel where the Cowboy Junkies taped that live concert, right about that time. I got an awesome wool patterned sweater then too, at Simpsons (I think that was the dept. store) and it was 88 bucks Canadian, a small fortune. BUT, I wear it still, all winter long, and it still looks perfect. Then I went to some old TO neighborhood, not far from there, with the usual shopping, galleries and restaurants that tourists just love. But as for not meeting you, sorry I blew it, I had other things on my mind in that dream as I say, and we can all together another day.