Friday, August 25, 2006

At our table


Like I say below, I am pleased with this mug and need to make more. A blue and celedon multi-textured mug, sans (GASP!) pig or other animal. In my language, a plain mug. Also shown, 2 dessert/muffin plates for the missus avec pig and dog. I don't make plates often, although easy to do, they like to warp and crack. The piggy one here is a little warped, but they look pretty good and the missus is pleased. So, as Jane my instructor used to say 'make more'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the celadon and blue glaze combo. Hey, at least this time the kitten didn't sneak into the studio and help with the plates by scratching each one.

Anonymous said...

I noticed somebody sharing her blueberry muffin crumbs with the cat today...

Kelly said...

gary! maude! You're a blog! How exciting. I've been so busy lately, I've lost touch with everyone it seems--how sad is that. But, I think about you and your adorable purple house often and hope you're doing well. Now I'm glad to see that you are.

Anonymous said...

oh wow, I really love the twisted-fluting mug!!

Anonymous said...

Alright Sunny K! My friends must go to her site. Hers was the first blog I saw featuring art and art process, in a home studio. Must do big feature on Sunny K soon....
And thank you Alfredo. Alfred is my pal from WAY back, so far back, we started learning pottery together at Bennington 20 plus years ago. Typical Gary and Alfred class with our tutor Jane: I like what yer doing here and here, go to the library and look up whosit. MAKE MORE. Go to his awesome artsy blog for fiber arts and life in San Fran..