Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sharon Arts and Sugar Bowls



Sharon Arts and Sugar Bowls
Back to work o’ the day. I am tossing in a couple pics here, one of a sugar bowl mentioned before, broken by the bride. Sharon Arts Center needs a replacement from me, no problemo, check out their link down their somewhere, then go on vacation to Peterborough, NH and eat and drink at Harlow’s and shop at Toadstool Books and get your fine art, including my pots, at Sharon Arts.
This sugar bowl is from around a year ago, when I was, as I do, messing around with wild shapes. It has a nifty little creamer and teapot, cups too and they are a lucky couple to have that teaset. I made a bunch of sugar bowl bodies just now, pictured. The little slugs on the middle/left are 2 bodies for that sugar bowl, which undergoes a massive transformation when it is half dry: cut an opening, trim the lid add a ring, slice and facet the sides, and trim and whack the foot and add the little wings, I mean handles, on the sides. I will make 2, but I think one will have an elephant rather than a ring for a knob. I will show pics of step 2 tomorrow. The kiln is chugging along now with that soon-to-be yellow teapot (you saw it being made down in the previous posts). It is bisqued today 1800 degres f, cools overnight, glazed early tomorrow YELLOW etc, glaze fired about 2200 degrees f, then out Saturday about 3 pm.

No comments: