Sunday, August 27, 2006

Korn Flakes: Not just for breakfast anymore

Nobody in my family will like this one....
http://music.aol.com/artist/korn/144403/main# try the video for 'coming undone'
Well, Korn. Our old pal Celeste tells us she is going to see Korn this week, so how do we explain the appeal? I mean, I am a guy that thinks Crosby Stills Nash and Young may have been the best band ever, Eric Clapton the single greatest talent. But, as my myspace thing says, except for show tunes and country, I seem to like all music.
So what is Korn? Wiki calls it nu metal, which is where grunge met metal. Then you have rap and death metal, OK, OK, who cares. Apocolyptic, loud, noisy, NOT family friendly (and this is a family friendly blog), but their music somehow holds together nicely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then as a family member, should I skip it?