Saturday, August 26, 2006

Happy birthdays!


Sammy was born, according to the vet he had then, in late August 1990. He was a little dirty furball of a kitten found in a box on the streets of Chicago in December, with a much larger cat also in the box, beating on him. I am pulling your heartstrings. He is the best creature in my life and has been for SOOOO long, and now he is 16. He predates my wife, whom he met when he was about a year old. He liked her right away, crawling into her skirt, and vomiting. That's how he woke me up today, horking up a hairball on my feet, but I love you anyway Sam.
Of all our dogs and cats, and we have a few, Jack is the only one whose birthday we were around for and know exactly. It is today. He is a sweet black lab, very playful, smart and loyal. 2 friends of ours were engaged and each had a lab, and well, the dogs didn't wait for the wedding to get it on, and the result was 10 puppies in the kitchen, Jack was #9. He does not have the sad stray on the street story the rest of our pets have, but he was born with epilepsy, which we manage, and for him to reach eleven....!!!! Cool. Love you Jack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK AND SAMMY!!!

may you have extra special treats today.

i miss my buddy jack and see-ing aloof (well, with me) sammy crawling on gary's lap without fail at breakfast time. that can only be described as love. it gets me every time.

Anonymous said...

Will there be a party? With cake and ice cream?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sammy crawling on my lap today, looking for blueberry muffin crumbs. Where did that habit come from? Must be the butter, but we can spoil a 16 year old cat. Jack is walking around all day with his ball looking really pleased and proud. The party is this afternoon: I just bought S-A-L-M-O-N, which is a big favorite.