Thursday, March 06, 2008

wherein we leave piggies behind...


(pots by Gary Rith)
....for a little while. I shall make more later today, but let's talk teapots for a second. Julie was showing how to make a loop handle on the wheel, which is the bees' knees and you see it here. And as you know, I have been making puffy, quilted looking pots for a couple of weeks. I was talking to a real person, face to face, last Friday and Frank said: I really love these mugs, you just want to hold it and grip it.
I had to try one of these mugs myself, and it IS satisfying to hold. (and sometimes it takes another person to tell you about your own work) So I thought I would see how hard it would be to make a teapot this way, and this guy looks pretty excellent.

5 comments:

Gordo said...

That ring handle IS excellent, Gary. :-)

Gordo said...

Oh, and it is funny how it often takes someone else to remind you of what's staring you right in the face.

Anonymous said...

very nice, very nice! Now can you explain why rings are..sorry.. were hard to do on the wheel?

The quilting does look cozy!

Anonymous said...

careful mr. potterman. the north face might go after you for copyright infringement or something like that.

gary rith said...

I wasn't planing on telling the n. face anything, were you???? besides, it is free advertising

rings can be easy on the wheel and look pretty, also very strong, and YES Gord, it does take another person to give you feedback, otherwise you are always looking in the mirror!