Wednesday, March 05, 2008

4 am again



(pottery being glazed by Gary Rith)
So imagine you're dreaming that Rachel Ray is giving you and your wife some kind of healthful spa treatment (she approves of our lifestyle choices, diet and exercise, btw) (of course, I have no TV and have never seen her except on magazine covers) and then you awaken with 'Crocodile Rock' bouncing around in your head and your elderly dog Jack says 'It's 4am but I have to GO OUT NOW!' so you get up and go out in the rainy cold mess because it is better than the purgatory of lying there thinking of crocodile rock......
OK, a couple of other random thoughts. I buy green tea from time to time, but man, it sure tastes like old socks in dirty dishwater. Is it an aquired taste or just something to put up with? My real tea favorites are, of course, Earl Grey, Irish Breakfast, and sometimes ginger tea.
Finally, Shelly here gave me a tip worth GOLD. She saw my mugs with little piggy faces on the outside and she wanted know if there were little piggy butts on the inside!!!!! WELL THERE WILL BE NOW! That is so clever.....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Gary - I haven't found a green tea yet that I can drink an entire cup of.

Cute idea about the pig butts!

Shelly Payette said...

Will you please take a picture of the piggy pattuty (s.P.) in the cup. May be you are buying the wrong green tea, maybe you don't add enough sugar, you probably don't do sugar...
Hey thanks for your help bloging.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I plan on stocking up on your pottery to deliver as gifts when we travel out to Kansas this summer - woo hoo!!!

And I agree that green tea is an acquired taste. It's definitely not my cup of tea. (hardee har har)

Anonymous said...

hmm haven't tried Irish Breaky tea.. what's it like??

gary rith said...

Irish breakfast tea is very hearty! To me, it is TEA, no flavors, just robust tea.
No, I don't sugar my tea and YES there is now a mug with a pig behind inside!!!!!!!! OK, pic up shortly

Gordo said...

Green tea is a different taste, yes. The best stuff I've ever had (and still have quite a bit of), I picked up in a Chinese grocery in Malaysia. That's straight green tea. I also have a container from Tetley's called Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea. Oh, I also have Earl Grey Gren. :-)

Aunt Jackie said...

Great work, beautiful!

gary rith said...

thanks Aunt Jackie...Earl Grey green?

Susan as Herself said...

I have tried green tea as well, and don't care for it. The only worse tea is Jasmine tea---bleck! I love the Earl Grey, and I also like the blackberry tea, as well as that black tea made in China like you get in Chinese restaurants. Mmmmmmmmm. Tea.

Anonymous said...

see, i just get the earl grey green tea. got the taste of earl grey but the health value of the green. i even get it in bulk!

irish breakfast tea is really hearty. its a good substitue for coffee. i make mine in a pot, and dump everything into the same pot (sugar and all). looks nasty but tastes good.

suz in kton

Anonymous said...

Tazo Zen Green Tea is da bomb. I don't care for green tea in general, but I can drink TZ all day long. It is some magical combination of green tea from China, lemon verbena, spearmint leaves, and lemongrass. Tazo is headquartered in Portland, Oregon.

Dr.Gray said...

I got to say I dont agree with the Tazo. If you really want to try green tea you have to shop the importers. There are many online and the taste of fresh loose leaf tea or powder tea is just a whole different league than some mass manufactured tea bags. I suggest something like here for beginners - green tea