Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Shelly Payette, jewelry and Odie the dachshund



(jewelry by Shelly Payette, Odie and his bear)
OK, some people you meet here online then meet them in real life later, like we did Kate and Jim and Gord etc. Other people, like Holley (or HP) lives a mile away from us on a hillside you can see from my house, but we have not met in person yet.
Then there are the old fashioned ways of meeting people. I bumped into Shelly Payette over the years at craft fairs around the Boston area. She is a jeweler, and also a very good customer and we hear from her sometimes. She and her husband and 2 kids have a wide variety of animals around the house, including a number of chickens, which would surprise you in the Boston suburbs, and of course, sweet little Odie here, who has traveled to craft fairs too.
OK, so I mentioned I'd feature Shelly and her work today, but wanted a website link etc, BUT she claimed she didn't have one. I said 'start a blog! It is free!!!!!!!' and she did.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful jewelry! I can't believe Captain Odie is wearing a sweatshirt and looks pretty comfortable in it.
Welcome to blogging, Shelly.

Anonymous said...

Odie looks like he's pretty comfortable there with his teddy.

Nice jewelry!

cm said...

I don't need any more jewellery. I don't need any more jewellery. I don't need...

gary rith said...

nice doggy! MORE ODIE!!!!!!!!!

Shelly Payette said...

Thanks for your compliments on my jewelry.

Hey Gary, Shelby Dog felt left out, she is the one with antlers. I really loved your comments on your blog and Marina loved having the world see Odie in his PJ's. Odie will do anything for attention, he may appear naked next, stay tuned. Thanks for your support.

Unknown said...

I am mad for Shelly's jewelry! It's lovely and unusual and very creative! If only I were younger and went out more I'd stock up! Really, really beautiful stuff.

cm said...

Naked? I thought this was a family friendly blog?

gary rith said...

a naked dog????