Friday, September 12, 2008

a petite joke

OK, so Missus Pottersblog tosses this one out this morning:
A virtuous man goes to church each week, gives his pennies to the homeless, cleans cat boxes at the SPCA and donates all of his old socks to the Salvation Army.
One day in church he prays: "God, I have been good and virtuous, maybe you could send me a sign that I am doing the right things? Maybe I could win the lottery?"
And so he leaves church, and week after week he cleans cat boxes at the SPCA and sometimes fills the water dishes, donates his old socks and even undies to the Salvation Army and sometimes passes out the occaisional nickel with the pennies to the homeless. But still, no sign from God.
In church he prays again: "God, I have been more virtuous than ever, will you ever send me a sign? It doesn't have to be Powerball, just winning the daily game would be sign enough."
As the virtuous man walks down the street, the clouds open and a heavenly voice booms:
"Meet me halfway. BUY a ticket!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

great joke. thanks missus p. and thanks mr. p for sharing.

Hilary said...

Ahh thanks for that. My Dad used to tell that one among his many others. :)

Tink said...

I've heard the joke before, but that picture is awesome! lol.

Gordo said...

Excellent!

gary rith said...

\m/

Lynda said...

lol - Mrs. P gave us a good one today!

Linda Starr said...

I keep saying I want to win, but I never buy a ticket either.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Great one!

Oh, and I *adore* the teapot and sugar bowl (or at least that's what they are in my mind) at the masthead!

gary rith said...

that is a teapot and sugar bowl! now that somebody has mentioned it, maybe it is time to change the top again....

Anonymous said...

haha, I love that he changes the litterboxes at the SPCA. Because that would earn serious brownie points, IF you could get to heaven that way. (Which you can't, but go ahead and clean those boxes anyway, because it is a great thing to do.)

Awwww...don't change the masthead yet, Gary! I've been enjoying that particular teaset.

tt said...

That's funny!
I'm thinking that the Missus needs to win some pottery!! Oh yea...she won you didn't she!! :)
Lucky couple!!

Susan as Herself said...

HAhahahahahaha!