Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike and the constant honeymoon?

Yesterday was close to record heat, or maybe even record heat, and yet it was humid (beastly!), in advance of Ike zipping up the central US. We were told to expect high winds but no rain, as the hurricane iteself would be to our west. Now, we did not suffer as people in Texas did, but for many hours last night we had winds like I cannot remember---a constant and steady roar of gusts. And the temps fell 30 degrees. Quite loud and disturbing.

It occurs to me, as I look at the fluff that is my life with Missus Pottersblog, that without kids, it might look like we have a honeymoon every day. Then you see a video like the one below and you wonder if anybody in this house is ever going to grow up.
But why would we? And we are lucky to have each other, for this extended adolescence/honeymoon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The temp on our outside monitor read 92.4 yesterday - in the shade! It was terribly hot and humid and we had the a/c on all day. Today is breezy and it sure feels good to have it blow through the house.

Heard you guys were going to have it extremely windy up there.

Anonymous said...

it's even very windy up here in northern VT.

you and mrs. p. must never grow up!

Anonymous said...

Have all the fun you desire!

But I've been missing your comments lately. It must have gotten to me, because I dreamed that you & Maude came for a visit and we all played kooky croquet.

Gordo said...

We had the heat yesterday and wind last night as well. The majority of the rainfall tracked through Toronto to Ottawa, so we missed it. :-)

I vowed a long time ago that I may grow old, but I'll never grow up. :-)

Linda Starr said...

Hi Gary, I did a special post for Spike - check it out at http://bluestarrgallery.blogspot.com/2008/09/hi-spike-im-binky.html

My husband, Gary (also), and I have been married for 23 years and no children, we're still on our honeymoon too.

Anonymous said...

The heat was awful! I so badly wanted to get in my garden, but I just couldn't face it.

And the winds . . . last night I was convinced one of our old willows would topple on the house. We have several big branches down in the yard.

gary rith said...

Oh yes, I would love to play some croquet......kooky or not!

Anonymous said...

Just saw the new header: what a great pic of Spike!! (How did you ever get that shot? It's wonderful!!) He is a bigger and cuddlier version of Cleopatra, I think.