Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Greg and Gary: footwarmer project!






Around 400 years ago, smart people in cold places put some hot stones or coals into a special little pot and then the pot into a little stool, upon which to rest and warm their feet. Most clever. I made the little pot, Greg has just finished the wooden footstool. Have a look, though, at the rather amazing chair he made!!! And his cute dog Kellie!!!!
Greg and I shall collaborate on more projects like this: my pot, his wooden piece.

8 comments:

Gordo said...

Geez, stop stroking his ego, will ya? I have to live in the same city as the guy!

Anonymous said...

Sooo what do you wanna do next??.. many potentialities...

It was fun to work on this with ya over the past while!

earth & wood go well together.

Susan as Herself said...

I love pottery and wood together! Niiiiice. And maybe you could meet a metalsmith and add a touch of wrought iron? Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Anonymous said...

my pot, his wooden piece
Sounds like the punchline to a diry joke.

Anonymous said...

dirty joke. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought you meant 'dairy joke'.

Anonymous said...

What's this about Drury jerk?

Anonymous said...

The Pot is not jerk spicy, though you can put hot things in it. or cool things like dairy too! ;)

I KNOW a blacksmith. SHe started out as a hobby and in going full time in a yr or two. She also does period work as a member within the Cavalier Society.

her link: http://www.ironsunset.ca/