Saturday, May 26, 2007

GUEST DJ CM CHECKS IN


I cannot call in sick to my life, because I am BUSY and must make more, but we have a sub today, class, for tunes o' the day. I have a ton of excellent things to share later, like HEDGEHOG bowls etc, so check back later.
But for now, our old pal and substitute DJ cm writes in to say:

Oh my. I was originally going to link to Ashley MacIsaac's big hit, Sleepy Maggie, and talk about having seen him last week at Hugh's Room, but then I found this and decided to link to it instead because I was there! Kumbaya, 1994 (kumbaya.ca), a (then annual) concert to raise money for people living with AIDS, at the old Ontario Place Forum. I remember it was the first time I'd seen him, and I was so excited! His cd didn't come out until the following year, and although he'd been featured on Fashion Television (how he'd been discovered by Philip Glass and was performing in one of his shows in NYC), he wasn't a household name yet. But still I danced. Man, that was so long ago...

As usual, cm, excellent work and thank you!

No comments: